Monday, March 2, 2009

When in Brooklyn



Last weekend I ventured into relatively uncharted territory (for me anyways) and FINALLY got my behind to the Brooklyn Museum of Art. Well, let me tell you, it's my new favorite museum. Seeing Judy Chicago's 'The Dinner Party' is a life changing experience. EVERYONE should go see it! Not only is it educational, but it is exquisitely executed, thought provoking, and even euphoric. Along with the exhibit, the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art packs a powerful and captivating punch. Artists such as Kara Walker, Tracey Emin, and Barbara Kruger fill the clear and open exhibit space with a viable presence. Walking through the musuem you really had a palpable feeling of a museum that is very much with the times. Every exhibt, from ancient islamic art to the contemporary galleries were meticulously laid out and the artworks eloquently shown. I can't say good enough things about it. So, go check it out!!! (and let me know what you thought!)

No comments: