Monday, November 30, 2009

Kindergarten 'Season Tree's'





Here is the first lesson I did with my two kindergarten classes. I had them color 4 strips of paper using the side of a blue crayon for a background. I then had them use glue sticks to glue on the trunk and branches. We had to discuss where the branches go on tress, on the top like a hand, because surprisingly many of them tried to make two arms, two legs, and a head! I used Eric Carle's 'The Tiny Seed' to discuss the colors and characteristics that are associated with each season and then finished by sponge painting the colors for each using our 4 pieces of blue sky as a guide. Overall the lesson went well, although I will say, looking back I'm not sure I'd do sponge painting as a first lesson of the year with kindergartners, boy did they make a mess!

No comments: