Sunday, December 13, 2009

2nd Grade Picasso Face Monsters



This lesson was originally adapted from pictures I had seen on the 'Artsonia' website from a school I can't remember the name of. In the original lesson the teacher uses construction paper to create the face and details, along with glitter and iridescent paper. I decided it would work better for me to use oil pastels. Plus the students had prior experience with that medium from doing their Chagall pieces. I used guided practice, drawing the faces on the board as they drew along with me on practice paper first. Each student then got two pieces of construction paper that they glued together to make a 9" x 15" long piece of paper. They had a really fun time turning their Picasso inspired cubist faces into monsters! Plus I used gold paper to add embellishments instead of glitter, which they also really liked.

No comments: