ArtMuse67

Musings about the importance and impact of art and art education in the 21st century.

Musings about the importance of art and art education

3rd Grade Modigliani Meets Crazy Hair Day

♠ Posted by ArtMuse in at 5:11 PM
 

I've seen both Modigliani lessons and crazy hair day lessons.  Since I liked both I decided to combine them.
Now I can't entirely take credit for this lesson because although I wrote the plan for it, this year my school hired a new part time art teacher to cover the excess classes that I don't have time for in my schedule.  She's the one that actually taught this lesson and she did a pretty darn good job!







Here's a few place I found inspiration for this lesson:

Mrs. Browns Art Room Website- her 'Andy Warhol 5 Patterns in Nature' lesson is where I got the idea for teaching the students the different designs found in nature.  These include packing, spiraling, exploding, branching, and meandering. The image below is from her site:

Deep Space Sparkle Blog - has a great Modigliani art lesson.
Art Lessons For Kids - has a great illustrated step by step lesson plan for Modigliani self-portraits.
Web Museum: Amedeo Modigliani - pretty good bio and information with a lengthy illustration index.

By the way, don't bother watching the movie Modigliani. I love Andy Garcia but the movie is too drawn out and the Picasso character is terrible : (

1 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.