ArtMuse67

Musings about the importance and impact of art and art education in the 21st century.

Musings about the importance of art and art education

U.S. Enterprise Visit and Outer Space Lessons

♠ Posted by ArtMuse in at 4:33 PM

Last weekend I had the pleasure of visiting the U.S. Intrepid Air and Space Museum in Manhattan.  This was my first visit to the Intrepid and I was amazed at the sheer size and mass of the air craft carrier.  Even more amazing was the space shuttle Enterprise.  I was lucky to have an in-depth guided tour from my father in law who for many years worked for Grumman as an aerospace engineer. 


I think anything pertaining to space exploration would be immensely fascinating to students, particularly boys, who are usually a bit tougher to really engage in art making especially if the lesson pertains to Georgia O'Keeffe flowers or Monet's waterlilies, lol. The possibilities of what could be taught are endless: space crafts, lunar excursion modules, astronauts, moon craters, shooting stars, nebula's, planets, supernovas, aliens, UFO's..I could go on and on, AND  it makes for a great cross curricular topic.


  Here are a few science themed lesson ideas I came across,  enjoy!


PuppyJaws Blog

Art Lessons for Kids Website




 That Artist Woman Blog


Second Grade Solar Systems-From my blog




 Kids Artists Blog


 Field Elementary Art Blog

 


0 comments: