ArtMuse67

Musings about the importance and impact of art and art education in the 21st century.

Musings about the importance of art and art education

12 Great Art Quotes for 12-12-12

♠ Posted by ArtMuse in at 3:46 PM
12 Art Quotes

1. Great art picks up where nature ends -Marc Chagall
2. Creativity takes courage-Henri Matisse
3. Art is not what you see but what you make others see-Edgar Degas
4. My contribution to the world is my ability to draw. I will draw as much as I can for as many people as i can for as long as i can. Drawing is still basically the same as it has been since prehistoric times. It brings together man and the world. It lives though magic-Keith Haring
5. To be an artist is to believe in life-Henry Moore 
6. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I could not say any other way. Things I had no words for-Georgia O'Keeffe
7. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up-Pablo Picasso
8. The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery-Francis Bacon    
9. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist-Oscar Wilde
10. An artist cannot fail. It is a success to be one-Charles Horton Cooley
11. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.-Scott Adams
12. It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.-Henry David Thoreau  

0 comments: