Sunday, June 9, 2013

5th Grade Perspective Cities


To end the year I used this project that I originally saw on There's a Dragon in My Artroom.  I modified it to a colored pencil and watercolor paint lesson instead of tempera paint to make the setup and cleanup a little easier.  When there's only 2 weeks left to the school year, convenience is key.  We began the lesson by discussing perspective and the difference between shape/form and 2D/3D.  I had them chose a side to demonstrate a light source and color the buildings accordingly.  I encouraged students to add their own personal creative ideas into it to give it a more illustrative quality.  Not everyone finished, but those that did had some really cute results. 




1 comment:

Phyl said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Your kids did a great job with this lesson.