♠ Posted by ArtMuse in Crafty Crafts at 2:18 PM
Here it is, my updated door wreath for the summer. For me the hardest part of making door wreaths is that I have a south facing house and so my door gets his by sun pretty much all day. With my last wreath (old post here) I used string a mostly hot glue to adhere everything together, Unbeknownst to me at the time, that was a big mistake! Fast forward a few months and everything on the wreath looked like it was melting! :(
Anyways this wreath took me about an hour and I didn't use any glue at all, the whole thing was done with a needle and thread, tiny sewing pins and very thin silver floral wire.
All the materials came from Michael's, make sure if you are a teacher you show them your teacher ID and you can get an extra 15% off.. In total the materials cost be about 20 bucks. Can't beat a custom one-of-a-kind wreath for that price!
Below are the items I used:
Burlap Fabric Trim- I used the 6.99 package I found in the floral decorating aisle instead of the 9.99 package that was in the ribbon aisle. I think the ribbon aisle package had more burlap but you don't need that much to wrap a wreath. I still have 1/2 a package left.
Wooden Letters- I like the pre-finished ones, there's no way I could get the paint that smooth if I did it myself.
Thin Floral Wire- any thin bendable wire, about as thick as a twist tie without the paper coating. My wire was thin enough to cut easily with a scissor.
Sewing Pins-I used these to anchor things in place. I used short round-head pins like the ones you use for baste stitching thin fabrics, but in hindsight, small sized T-pins may have worked even better, especially if you're using fabrics that have a large weave like burlap.
Flower Embellishments- I found these in the scrapbooking department. They had tons of different sizes, brands, and colors and they lay nice and flat when you sew them on.