Saturday, September 24, 2011

Looking At Art


Here are the guidelines I have posted in my room for viewing and discussing art. I referenced them in my previous post.

1. State what you see.
2. Summarize what the work is about.

3. Apply the work to what you already know: Make art to self, art to world, and/or art to art or literature connections.

4. Talk about the details: Who are the characters, what is the medium, what is the mood? 5. Make predictions: Why do you think the artist made this work?
6. Make a judgement: Is this art, why or why not? Make sure to support your answers!


By the way, I feel the need to preface the fact that the poster I have hung in the room at all times is a much a neater one I had done with the computer, and it has a few more details in each statement than the one above, but I had written and hung this one closer to the SB when the students were being introduced to it.

If some of it seems familiar it is. Certain ideas I take from ELA general education classroom strategies (#3 and 4). And the list in it's entirety is tied into Bloom's Taxonomy, where I try to hit most of the benchmarks he defines in his learning process.

No comments: