ArtMuse67

Musings about the importance and impact of art and art education in the 21st century.

Musings about the importance of art and art education

The best new thing this week...well it's not new

♠ Posted by ArtMuse in at 3:55 PM
The other day I was in A.C. Moore looking for a plastic bird for my front door wreath when I came across these great photo reference books for $ 5. 00 a piece.  They are loaded with images and come with a CD ROM of pictures as well.  Whenever I teach a lesson that requires drawing I try to give my students photo reference, it really helps the quality of their work when they have a reference image to use instead of trying to generate ideas from the few images I show them in a PowerPoint or from their head. 

Next year I'll be teaching a unit on Pre-columbian art to my 4th graders and Native American art to my 5th graders and picking up both these books was a HUGE help, now I don't have to fish through google or tons of library books for thematic photographs, I can just use the books!  I haven't checked out the CD's  yet, but I'm hoping I can just pull images off of it and put them into my digital files for presentations.  This is the best new thing I've found all week! :)

Pre-Columbian Mexican Designs CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art) North American Indian Motifs CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art)


0 comments: