Friday, June 15, 2012

The best new thing this week...well it's not new

The other day I was in A.C. Moore looking for a plastic bird for my front door wreath when I came across these great photo reference books for $ 5. 00 a piece.  They are loaded with images and come with a CD ROM of pictures as well.  Whenever I teach a lesson that requires drawing I try to give my students photo reference, it really helps the quality of their work when they have a reference image to use instead of trying to generate ideas from the few images I show them in a PowerPoint or from their head. 

Next year I'll be teaching a unit on Pre-columbian art to my 4th graders and Native American art to my 5th graders and picking up both these books was a HUGE help, now I don't have to fish through google or tons of library books for thematic photographs, I can just use the books!  I haven't checked out the CD's  yet, but I'm hoping I can just pull images off of it and put them into my digital files for presentations.  This is the best new thing I've found all week! :)

Pre-Columbian Mexican Designs CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art) North American Indian Motifs CD-ROM and Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art)


No comments: