ArtMuse67

Musings about the importance and impact of art and art education in the 21st century.

Musings about the importance of art and art education

1st Grade Paul Klee Mixed Media Trees

♠ Posted by ArtMuse in at 5:54 PM
I got this lesson from Chesterbrook Academy Elementary Blog.  

It is based on the painting 'Small Rhythmic Landscape' by artist Paul Klee


I emphasized line, (wavy, squiggly, diagonal, vertical, zig-zag, and dotted), value in tempera and watercolor paint, and collage. 

At first I wasn't too pleased with the results, but after looking over everyone's once the lesson was finally done, I decided it was a keeper after all.  It was a challenging lesson with quite a few directions and steps to follow, but my first graders really rose to the challenge and created these beautiful trees. 
Here are a few finished examples:











0 comments: