Monday, October 15, 2012

Chagall's I and the Village 2nd Grade



The first 2nd grade project I taught this year was based on the artist Marc Chagall.  I found this lesson a few years ago off of  the Incredible Art Department.  The first time I taught it I used oil pastels exclusively but this time I had the students use oil pastels for the foreground objects and crayon for the background.  The students loved learning about Chagall and never seemed to get bored looking at his artwork. The lesson outcomes came out cute, in retrospect I would have had the students fill the page with their objects, many of them drew adorable details but they were so tiny and after using oil pastel on them, which is not the best media for details, their tiny pictures lost many of the details.
Here's the Powerpoint I used for the projects:



Here are some lesson examples:





No comments: