Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Great Art Quotes for 12-12-12

12 Art Quotes

1. Great art picks up where nature ends -Marc Chagall
2. Creativity takes courage-Henri Matisse
3. Art is not what you see but what you make others see-Edgar Degas
4. My contribution to the world is my ability to draw. I will draw as much as I can for as many people as i can for as long as i can. Drawing is still basically the same as it has been since prehistoric times. It brings together man and the world. It lives though magic-Keith Haring
5. To be an artist is to believe in life-Henry Moore 
6. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I could not say any other way. Things I had no words for-Georgia O'Keeffe
7. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up-Pablo Picasso
8. The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery-Francis Bacon    
9. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist-Oscar Wilde
10. An artist cannot fail. It is a success to be one-Charles Horton Cooley
11. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.-Scott Adams
12. It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.-Henry David Thoreau  

No comments: