Thursday, February 21, 2013

1st Grade Sunflower Still-Life Paintings


 

As part of first grades Van Gogh unit, I put together this simple still-life and discussed with the students that for this project they would have to use their observational skills to replicate the group of sunflowers.  I tried the project a few different ways, with a few different media (all on 16x20" white paper).   In some classes I had the students outline their drawings in black acrylic paint, and in some I had them outline their drawing with black sharpie. I also had a few classes use tempera for the whole picture and some used crayons for their background. At first I liked the crayon background better, but on second thought, I think I like the tempera the best, it has more 'pop'!
 Here are the results.











No comments: