Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gyotaku 2nd Grade


This was a really easy year-ender.  I used 12x18" white paper, watered down blue tempera, oil pastels and rubbery fish with black tempera to make the prints.  This lesson took 2-3 40 minute sessions.  I didn't really get into the history or the culture behind gyotaku because of the time frame I had, but  the kids really loved the project.  In other classes I had the kids print their fish onto tracing paper and cut the fish and glue on but since this class missed a day due to a field trip, I had to have them print right onto their backgrounds which I normally wouldn't have done.  A few kids made mistakes printing and there's no room for error doing it right on the background.  Overall though the kids enjoyed it.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: