Sunday, March 18, 2012

Did I mention I was feeling crafty?





It doesn't happen too often, I do paint and draw but in terms of 'crafts' I don't usually embark on too much.  However, now that I have my own house, I find I'm doing more and more crafty things like window treatments, flower arrangements, frame decorations, photography, etc. In this instance it was wreath making....

I have a cape and its sort of country-looking to me, so I was fishing around for idea for some type of Spring themed wreaths to hang on my door, not liking most of the typical flower wreaths I came across a few yarn wreaths I thought were quite interesting and decided to try my hand at a yarn embellished wreath.  I have to give credit to Blue Sky Confections for her fantastic paper plate flower wreaths and the FANTASTIC step by step way she shows the reader how to make these nifty little blooms.  I basically took some inspiration from what I had seen from yarn wrapped wreaths and her idea and combined them.  All in all the wreath ended up costing about 20 bucks.  My only mistake was my overuse of hot glue, lol.  My house faces north and because it gets beat on by the sun all day the hot glue actually re-melted and ran a bit on spot of the wreath making it visible.  I'm going to go back in and add some beads over the glue spots that ran, but other than that I think it came out pretty dam good for a first attempt!  I'm already thinking of things I can do for a summer wreath!

If you'd like to see some pictures of wreaths that inspired this one you can click on the link to my Pinterest page entitled Home At Last

No comments: