Saturday, December 13, 2014

Simple Notan in 5th grade







I used this project as a kind of "mini-lesson" to introduce positive/negative space to my fifth graders. Now that they've finished it, I'm going to introduce a patterns in nature project where they create  white tree silhouettes surrounded by different designs inspired by patterns found in nature.  Originally, I had hoped that the notan would take one period, but silly me, NOTHING, takes only1 period in art! So here's how the 2-day project broke down:

I began by showing them this PowerPoint.

Patterns in Nature PP


More presentations from Tarabelle


(You can also access it HeRe on authorshare)

In the PowerPoint I had links to two videos: one by the Virtual Artist, on positive and negative space and the other is a video on how to create notan.










No comments: