Sunday, December 21, 2014

Something shiny in the spirit of the holidays


This has nothing to do with the holidays, but it is shiny!  This was an enormous work of art that my 2 art teacher colleagues and I collaborated on with our elementary art students for a local recycled art contest we all participate in every year.  At the end of the contest and exhibit the projects usually get scrapped, which really is a shame considering the amount of time and planning that goes into them.  So I was pleasantly surprised to see this hanging in the administrative building of my district the other day.  I'm glad it's getting  a little more exhibition time!



2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, that is Beautiful! Are those broken pieces of colored cd's in the branches? Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :D

ArtMuse said...

Yup, they're Sharpie colored CD's on old painting tarp with gold acrylic paint. Thanks for the compliment!