Saturday, September 11, 2010

A GREAT site for resources!




While lesson planning yesterday, I was thinking to myself how nice it would be to find a website where you could type in some sort of keyword search for artworks and find what you needed to use as a resource in your lessons. I was looking for an artwork that demonstrated the use of different types of lines, and so, I googled 'lines in artwork' and I came across a website called 'artsconnected.org' and they have a link that is called 'the artists toolkit'. Not only did they have short child-friendly animations on some of the elements and principles of art, but they also had a link to the artsconnected site which is a database of resources where you can type in a keyword and scan through tons of hit of artwork examples that contain that topic. Ka-ching! I was so happy to stumble upon this site! So if you're ever in the same predicament as I often find myself, than this could be a great resource for you too!

http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit/index.html
http://www.artsconnected.org/

2 comments:

Janie B said...

Oohhh!! Thanks for sharing that site. I could use it for sure!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing ArtsConnectEd with your blog community. This project is a partnership between the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis and the Minneapolis institute of Arts. I am co-director, working with school programs at the Walker and am happy to support any new users. We are currently running a contest for K-12 teachers who submit Art Collector Sets to ArtsConnectEd. Three times this school year we will be awarding iPads to the teachers who build the best sets. Go to the home page on www.artsconnected.org and look under Announcements for more information and the rules!