Thursday, January 30, 2014

The pumpkin patch at night 3rd grade


Wow, so after my student teacher finished his 8 week stint with me, I got started on my fall art project.  I love fall and try to do at least 1 fall themed project with one grade level per year.  The only problem with starting fall projects in November is that they don't get completed until almost February!  Needless to say I didn't get a chance to hang these on a bulletin board, I feel like hanging fall projects in the heart of winter just doesn't make sense....Any-who, regardless of the late timing, these came out pretty good.  We learned about value, perspective, highlight, shadow, blending, overlapping, and curvalinear shading.  The kiddos used white, blue and purple oil pastels for the sky, blending it from light to dark.  They used crayon for the foreground and paint for the tree.  Lastly, they used white and black oil pastel to add the highlights and shadows and make the picture pop.  All in all not too shabby for a last minute fall project.  





No comments: