Wednesday, December 28, 2011

3rd Grade Modigliani Meets Crazy Hair Day

 

I've seen both Modigliani lessons and crazy hair day lessons.  Since I liked both I decided to combine them.
Now I can't entirely take credit for this lesson because although I wrote the plan for it, this year my school hired a new part time art teacher to cover the excess classes that I don't have time for in my schedule.  She's the one that actually taught this lesson and she did a pretty darn good job!







Here's a few place I found inspiration for this lesson:

Mrs. Browns Art Room Website- her 'Andy Warhol 5 Patterns in Nature' lesson is where I got the idea for teaching the students the different designs found in nature.  These include packing, spiraling, exploding, branching, and meandering. The image below is from her site:

Deep Space Sparkle Blog - has a great Modigliani art lesson.
Art Lessons For Kids - has a great illustrated step by step lesson plan for Modigliani self-portraits.
Web Museum: Amedeo Modigliani - pretty good bio and information with a lengthy illustration index.

By the way, don't bother watching the movie Modigliani. I love Andy Garcia but the movie is too drawn out and the Picasso character is terrible : (

1 comment:

Hair Loss Product said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.